Friday, February 23, 2007

well, i did it - update - erm?

edit - read the below stuff first (starting with I got myself sick). I fell asleep right after posting, slept for 3 hours, woke up and felt ok, after conferring with the health center and my "coach" I decided to get on the trainer for 30 min to try to sweat it out, ended up doing 1hr, 30min feeling pretty ok, nothing hard, ate a great wholesome dinner at foss (our healthy dining hall on campus) and now feel pretty ok. Going to get some sleep tonight, which means cancelling a first date I had (with a girl from my trip to Italy). Luckily, she said it was fine, and invited me over to watch a movie. So we will be sitting on opposite sides of a couch, her sipping some sort of adult beverage while I drink tea (although I would have been drinking water) and try not to get her sick. It's like we have already been dating for a few months.

I got myself sick. After spending most of last weekend and this past week sort of battling on again off again mild symtoms, I bit the bullet and got really sick. I had been trying to ride through (inside, easy rides) little things like headaches, runny nose, not feeling right, etc. Then today I woke up and realized I wasn't going to class and went to the health center, where they found out I don't have mono (yay) or strepp, or anything for that matter. My head is spinning like I just got punched, I can barely talk, my throat is raw, I have a death cough, the list goes on and on. I spent most of the day sleeping and hopefully will be better tmrw as I had a big weekend planned and am already missing my ride today. I wish I wasn't so tired, as sitting here in the health center getting tended to by gorgeous (read 65 year old not hot) nurses would be condusive to playing around on the interwebs, but all I do is sleep, check my emails, and fall back asleep. I wouldn't mind watching ToC or something but I can't seem to stay awake. This sucks. And I know what caused it was well, staying up till 2am when I was tired/semi sick trying to adjust the postitioning of the shift levers on my bars....I just couldn't get it, sort of weird. Ok, maybe that didnt get me sick but it didnt help.

I red the school paper today and normally I read three columns and skim others to see if there is some title that strikes me. I normally read beer review, since its funny, a column by a retired english professor that is usually a satire of something about college life and funny, and the opinions editor's column, since she is a good writer and brings up interesting things. Sometimes i'll read sports if there is an article on cycling or a friend of mine. Today (our paper is weekly, comes out on fridays) I found an article one person wrote that struck me. Basically, she was a self proclaimed "dirty hippy" who at the start of spring semester started dressing super preppy to see what would happen. She found ppl talked to her more, took her more seriously, stuff you would expect but wouldn't want to think would happen. It make me think about how I come off and whatnot. Time to go back to sleep

No comments: