Sunday, February 18, 2007

i need to clean my room + week 3 + sundy ride

I think that pretty clearly shows I race bikes, live in a single, and need to clean up a bit. Odd, because normally I keep a pretty clean room (for a guy at least, my lady friends make fun of it).

Went for a really nice 3hr, 45 mile solo ride today. Light winds, 28F, it was nice to clear the head and get in some good base miles. Headed out to bigalow (again) and did some easy repeats and got lost in the hills around there, found my way back for literally a 3:01:31, 45.2 mile ride. No frozen waterbottles or body parts, just a good ride that reminded me why I do this and how much I love it. And I ate an entire 1/2 box of fig newtons during the ride (clif stuff supposedly comes in this week)

That ride and the gym this morning capped week 3. 134.02 miles in 8:35:15. It would have been 9-10 hours and more miles, but I was sick yesterday and did a really short easy ride, which worked out, as I feel way better today. I'm at 330 miles in 21:20 for the month, not bad by any means for a cold feb at this point. Next week is supposed to be somewhat warm, like 35-40 maybe, but with snow early in the week. I should easily get to 9-10 hours. Gym has been going well still, although the rep's start to drop and weight starts to pick up now. Maybe I'll finally get out to try nordic on my recovery day as well. (I have an off day and a non-bike recovery day at this point in the season, its awesome)

No comments: