Wednesday, February 14, 2007

call in dead

seriously. It snowed 17 inches today at sugarloaf, with suppossedly 30+ inches falling by the time it stops around 6am tmrw. Call in sick, dead, whatever....this is the most snow we have got since I came to maine, so all of last winter and this winter so far.

The colby "elite" skiers, I guess you could call them, are all scrambling to go up tonight or early tmrw morning for some steep and deep. I have gotten calls from every half decent skier I know asking what my plans are. Even funnier is that nearly all of them (say about 25-30 kids) are in the library right now trying to get all there work down so they can peace out. We may be the only kids in the library.

My own plans are to work pretty much all night, head up around 530am, grab b-fast at the woodsman (small cheap awesome place that gives you alot of food, near the mtn) and get to the mtn around 8am.....

Its somewhat funny how much people are scrambling for this storm. Sure, its not the 10ft upstate ny got, but the post office on campus was closed, some classes (none of mine) cancelled, all sorts of lectures/events cancelled. This is maine, we should handle a snowstorm better than D.C.

Also, big props to my roommate from last year, silas, for hooking me up with a sweet colby nordic hat. (although it just says colby on it). I lost my favorite winter hat a few weeks ago, and Silas gave me the hookup. If you see a colby kid warming up on a trainer early spring or during late 'cross season, in a mostly grey hat w/ some blue lettering and some black on the bottom, and a SWEET pompom type thing on top, thats probably me. Or one of the nordy's coming to a bike race. Most likely me though. Thanks silas.

That means I need to go and write a paper and do a problem set, both due friday. So yea, I should do that.

No comments: