Tuesday, February 27, 2007

C 5 0


look what the mailman delivered. 50mm of carbon goodness. no tires for them yet, and they probably won't be ridden for nearly a month, but they are cool to look at. I sort of like the black rim, silver nipple, black spoke, silver hub (and silver skewer) look vs. the all black look, my bike is starting to get very very black/grey/silver, so this will hopefully keep it from going to stealth. no scale, but in hand weighing them with my r28's, id guess they weight close to the 1500g claimed weight. I can get them on a scale later on maybe. I don't know why, but to me it looks like they have more than 20/24 spokes (but they don't, i counted)

Also, check out the new r28aero3 (byron's, although if he doesnt pick them up in a week they could be yours). Front feels very light, but look cool w/ black hubs, black spokes, black nipples (except silver rear drive side) and black/silver skewer (not pictured). the aero spokes are pretty sweet as well. If it weren't for the low spoke count (16/20) I prbly would have gotten these for 'cross/crit wheels.

1 comment:

Argentius said...

Those look really nice... let me know how they roll, when rolling they do.

I've got to get a hookup for tubie tire mounting on ye olde zipps...