Thursday, February 22, 2007

rubber and food

I traded my p2r service course limited edition (the light blue tires previously seen) to a teammate for a pair of ultremo's and 75 bucks. Not a bad deal considering I got the p2r's for free (won them as a preem in a crit, which was awesome). Seeing as schwalbe is sponsoring colby, its not as great a deal as it sounds, since I could have gotten the ultremo's for super cheap, but whatever. Basically I traded 1 slightly used pair of tires for 1 new one and enough money to buy another set of them, and then have enough left over for a race entry fee (or a twelve pack, depending on how you look at things).

This time next week i'll be gearing up for rutgers. Im sooo stoked, you have no idea. Big weekend and week of training to get there, and the race is going to be tough, since im nowhere near form, but it'll be fun to mix things up and get back into some races.

Clif bars also showed up. Seeing as I do all the sponsor stuff for the team here, it all gets shipped to me. Not a big deal, except I live pretty far from the package center. I had to stop and take a break carrying 2 boxes of bars and stuff back, who would guess they weigh like 20lbs each? On the bright side, I have tons of clif bars, clif shots, energy bloks, nectar bars, and recovery powder. And I have even more from people that haven't picked up their own orders yet, anyone want some?

3 comments:

Argentius said...

If they are free, I will even pay shipping! ;P

A series of questions:

1 ) Let me know how the Ultremos ride! I have some on the way. What kinda prodeal do you get?

2 ) How have your neuvation wheels been to you? I have actually seen a series of R28 problems lately -- a broken spoke on a friend's, and someone else's new wheels with some weird derailleur-into-spokes issue. What's up with that?

3 ) Colored tires are pretty stupid, good deal getting out of those

4 ) Your collegiate races start next week? Ours, not until 24th o' march.

allons-y said...

i'm claiming anything left over for myself afer stuff sits here for 1 week. If there are flavors i dont like, all yours. odds things are still here in 1 week - 1:50

1. will do. prbly wont get on them till sometime late next week to scuff them up a bit before the first race. pro level - 20% of wholesale (20% off what their catalogue price) ultremo's work out to be a bit under 50 bucks a pair

2. fine? I rode them for 'cross and they didn't even go so far as to go out of true. Derailleur into the spokes happened on some frames (specializeds mostly), but with the 2 series if your derailler wasnt perfect, it could happen. On the newly released 3 series, the hub flange was changed to prevent that problem. If it was a 2 series, you can have the drive side spokes laced inside if it pings. I had mine done prevantatively as my frame was 50% ping, 50% non. If its an issue, call john, he will send new wheels, pay shipping for your friend to give the old ones back.

As for the busted spoke? Stuff happens? Never really heard much about it. The 3 series does use a new spoke, dt competitions.

for the record, 3 series is refering to r28sl3/aero3 which where just realesed vs r28sl2/aero2. I should have a picture of an aero 3 sometime soon once our order from them arrives.

3. haha.

4. lucky. It's gonna be cold, at least its in new jersey. o wait, that like a 7-8 hour drive.

i may win for longest comment, ever!

Argentius said...

That is a pretty long comment.

On the broke spoke, that's why I was asking, I know that those things happen. On the plus side, this guy broke a rear spoke on an R28 aero2 and was still able to ride it home by just opening the brake QR. I hear if that happens on a K wheel, you're walking.

I talked to John on the phone once, he seemed like a super cool guy. This was back when Neuvation was just getting going and all he had were M28's, I thought about buying a pair but they did not make campy, he said wait a few months and the R28 will be out in both patterns. But, by that time I had moved on...