Saturday, February 24, 2007

my stupid half

Today I pretty much ignored all the signs, so if I wake up dead tmrw, it won't come as a surprise. First off, I've been sick, and while I felt fine after getting a ton of sleep, I had an occasional cough. Then its 28 degrees outside, with 20mph of wind with gusts around 40. Then I ate a bagel and some tea for b-fast, lifted, decided to go for an easy 2 hr ride outside, brough a gel and a bottle of water figuring it would freeze before I finished it (it did) and headed out. 5 minutes in I got a flat over some glass and rode 2.3 miles on the rim, into a 20mph headwind to the shop since I didn't have a tube and didn't wanna walk. My training wheels are already pretty messed up, so I couldn't have hurt it anymore. Put in a boot (not about to throw away a tire that has 2 rides on it) and headed back out, after 5 or so guys in the shop were like, your crazy. Did 2hrs fine, ran into delia heading out on my way back and decided to turn around and ride with her. She was only doing an hour, had peanut m&m's, so I figured what the heck. At our turn around spot, the sun was already down, I was numb, tired and sore. We rode back, I froze, I ditched her 3 miles from campus and just tt'ed/hammered it back because I though I was going to get frostbite, and avg'd just over 22mph on those last 3 miles, going into a headwind. Talk about motivation to get up and ride. Total mileage of 50.43 in just over 3 hours. On a bagel, a cup of tea, 3/4 a bottle of water, a gel, and some m&m's. And im sick, and its cold, and there was 20mph of wind. Time to EAT, and SLEEP, and hope I'm alive tmrw.

2 comments:

Argentius said...

Don't die.

Determination is good. Dying is bad.

Who's the girl?

allons-y said...

I feel fine today (well, not fine, but better than yesterday).

Which girl? Girl from date last night (becky, from my trip to italy) or delia, girl I ride with sometimes who I rode with for the last hour of my ride yesterday?

Becky is a friend I was going to go on a date with but got sick. Shes just a fun person to be with (not 7+, but not on the team). Delia is a girl who is joining the team who scares me. We were on the same orientation trip and are pretty good friends at this point. She is going to be really fast and If I ever got in bed with her, I would probably end up crying.