Friday, February 9, 2007

bling


Actually, I don't think any of this counts as bling. And the fact that only the post is new (had the stem/bar, but never mounted the bar, so maybe its still new) but the first new part showed up today. Will give the frame a good cleaning (again) this weekend, hope the rest of the stuff shows up next week so I can build it up next weekend. Still unsure which wheels I am going to go with, but I have some time on that.

Spec's
Ritchey wcs alu handlebar (classic bend) - 400mm width, 26mm clamp
Ritchey wcs alu stem - 110mm legnth, 26mm clamp
Ritchey wcs alu steapost - 27.2 diameter, 300mm legnth

I ordered a 250mm post, but the 300 is actually better. For a few measly grams, if I ever need the extra legnth i'll take it. The 250mm would have been close to the min. insertion spot anyway. Plus, the 300mm is more re-sellable since it could fit more bikes.

With the cockpit (as on my 'crosser) I went with cheap, light, and sturdy. I know you can't normally get all three in one part, but wcs (esp the alu, 26mm stuff) is pretty cheap and still easy to find, light (not super light, but light) and sturdy. Solid parts that are definately crash-able.

No comments: