Saturday, February 10, 2007

define not smart

Perhaps - 2.5 hour ride in 14F temp (pre-windchill) w/ 10mph winds and light flurries? Going with Delia, for who it was her third ride of 07 (on a side note, she is going to be an animal on the bike this spring, new rider)? Going to do the biggest hills in a 50 mile radius? Having our waterbottles freeze after 34 minutes and 12 seconds and trying to eat a frozen, squished muffin about halfway through the ride? Trying out some snow biking and almost falling, not once, but like 9 or 10 times?

I wish I had taken a camera, because it was really cool riding into the flurries. We had planned on aiming for a bit more, but with no water, frozen feet/ears and foreheads despite 4 layers on top, 3 on bottom, 2 hats, booties, etc. it was still friggen cold out. After being in the gym and a long roller session tmrw, my legs are starting to feel it. I had some feelings of power however, easily cruising up the climbs and occasionally feeling like I could "go" a bit. Lets hope it just keeps on building and building.

Guess, what, we are gonna go do it again tmrw (well maybe hit the rollers, and then out again monday) We were 5 minutes late to foss brunch, but they let us in anyway. My waffle w/ stawberry's and whipped cream has never tasted better, and I tried my hardest to replace the 1200 calories my hrm told be I had burned (really, that much?) And the shower, it felt sooo good. That ride (given the temps, ice/snow on the road, etc) was labled hard-er core. Time to nap and do it again tmrw.

1 comment:

Argentius said...

BTW, HRMS lie about calories. By a lot, often -- mine is about 25-35% high. But then, you do burn more to keep warm.

But, how did you go DOWN the hills in that kind of weather? That's what I'd like to know.