Tuesday, March 27, 2007

warmth

It was warm out. Like, short sleeve top and bottom, no gloves, sweating.....warm. I rode a shade over 4 hours and did a shade over 66 miles. I did it very stupidly, doing mostly flat first 2 hours, and mostly hills 2nd two. I also was with the wind for an hour, then into the wind for two, and then with the wind to end it. Somewhere up one of the 20% + grade hills in the 3rd hour, into the wind, my soul was crushed. I also saw like 10-15 other cyclists out on the roads, first time all year I've seen anyone else out.

I also met mandy today over at TT. she seemed really nice, and it was sort of cool to meet someone whose blog you have read for awhile (though I didn't tell her that fact). She gave me an
impressivly firm/strong handshake....for a female or a male, it caught me off guard. Oh yea, she was...um...well...rather hot. While I was there I picked up some new embro (my stock of greyhound juice ran out last weekend) - its made by elite, and i guess its called o3zone or something like that "thermogel forte". It's made in italy, and has writing in english second, so you know its good. Sadly, it sort of absorbed and leaves no sheen although the package does say that the "warm tingling sensation" and "skin reddening" is "perfectly normal". At like 20 bucks for 100ml, this crap better be good. Its supposed to be not short sleeve weather again tmrw/thus, so maybe I'll give it a try.
Picture stolen off the interwebs from the weekend. One of my solo break attempts...shortly before I vom'd and dropped out. I know, not at all aero, but I was minutes from puking and was starting to feel sick, hence I sat up, and have a great look about me.

2 comments:

zank said...

looking fit, brutha.

Argentius said...

I thought I DID leave a comment here last night, I guess the interweb swallowed it.

Sucks bout teh crash though. I was saying cyclists should have some kind of ... hip ... armor ... stuff. Because it ALWAYS gets road rashed up. I have this spot now that itches whenever a "storm's a-comin'" because of the deep road rash there. Weird.

2 races for me this weekend, one flat windy circuit that I will die on, and one hillier circuit that I will die on because my legs feel like junk. I had to move apartments and lifting boxes friggin' hurts! I know, whinge whinge...