Thursday, March 29, 2007

friggen a

Mile 69.45 out of mile 70 yesterday, I decide to lay my bike down...almost home, but hit a super sandy patch + wind, and over I went. Road rash, bent derailler hanger (well it was already bent, but I had to go get a new one this morning, luckily bethel cycles had one) but it sort of annoyed me. Now I have road rash all over my hip, in a spot that just cleared up two months ago, from a crash during 'cross. Son of a #$%. Two 4+ hour rides this week, and my legs hurt a bit. I am also starting to have some tan lines.....not yet, but I laid the foundation. I also got to a read a book, some hemmingway about paris in the '20's, it was pretty decent. For the record, yes, I know how to read (I do go to colby from time to time, after all).

I am somewhat looking forward to this weekends races. These were my 1st ever races, last year. I have, well, 1000 or so miles more in my legs than I did last season at this point (plus lifting and racing experience). I know the courses pretty well, and I think the road race is pretty well suited to me. It is hilly, but not super super climbing intense (the legs aren't totally read for that I don't think yet) and I know the climbs from last year (somewhat) so I am 'crossing my fingers. Also some plans to get into a break in the 'crit with some friends maybe.....maybe. I have been feeling good all week (well, tired, but strong) and recovering well, and well, I am going to stop talking, stop putting pressure/expecations on my self, go sleep/rest some more and then race my bike.

2 comments:

Argentius said...

Sorry bout falling off! It always sucks.

I SWEAR cyclists need some kind of ... hip ... armor ... thing. I have this spot on my hip that ALWAYS itches when a "storm's a-comin'" from some deep road rash last summer, and don't even get my started on the hip-bone part.

At least the girlfriend thinks scars are sexy, or something.

Colin R said...

I'm taking the train out to Grafton to watch the road race because I like to live vicariously through college kids. That shit's gonna cost me like $16 round trip, so I better see your ass off the front on at least one lap.

Don't worry, I'll be at the top of the biggest hill I can find out there.