Thursday, March 15, 2007

maine, make up your mind

seriously, the weather games need to end. One day its 45, the next they are predicting 100 feet on snow. Then its 50 and windy, then sleeting, then 30 and calm, then 5, then back to 50, another 25 feet of snow. I know march is spring/winter, but come on, some consistancy please. Let's just hope this weekend it doesn't snow that much and we can race.

It was pouring rain, dumping buckets, whatever, and 42 and windy today, so Rose and I decided to go for a 2.5 hour death march. My feet and hands stayed dry for 38 minutes. at 42 minutes, my hands were numb, at 1:08 my wool socks decided they didnt want to keep the feet warm anymore and they dissappeared, and the rest of the ride sucked. I could barely see (was wearing glasses and a cycling cap) from the rain, spray, spray from wheels, etc etc. My face was covered in dirt/road grime, as was rose's. My legs felt great though. It felt hardcore, if nothing else (it really wasn't though, a century in those conditions yes, somewhere around 40 miles, no) And my bike is cleaner now than it was pre-ride (though its still very dirty) so I will have to clean it less tonight/tmrw before the races this weekend. If only my clothes would dry out before I have to pack them tmrw morning, things would be on the up and up.

2 comments:

Argentius said...

They make these things called "fenders," you know...

In Seattle you basically get lynched if you don't have them.

Cycling.tv crashed on me 10k before the finish of the paris-nice stage, and I am sitting here with the "fast forward" button depressed for what seems like ever. Can't you guys get a slider bar thing?

josh said...

some of us only have 1 bike, which doesnt have so called "fender mounts".

and i totally agree, cycling.tv needs a slider bar. did you pony up for a subscription, or is it on free coverage (doubtful)?