Tuesday, March 6, 2007

im fameous

ryan (rkelly) linked my blog to his under eccc-ers....its up at the top. I guess my posting random comments on his blog finally caught his attention or something, but my blog is now in the big-league's.

I broke my heart rate moniter and need to send it back to polar, but am being lazy.

In other news, after being sort of depressed/bummed out after the weekend, I had a good chat with justin, my mentor/coach (what do I call him? A friend who used to race cat2 who is giving me a rather comprehensive and legit training program and calls me 1-2 times a week to tweak and modify things, but I don't pay him beyond a 6-pack when I crash at his house for races. He is retired from racing at the "old" age of 29 after messing up something with his body (i think?), but did a 'cross race last fall (i beat him, although he was on a single speed) and said he is planning on doing some more next fall maybe). He basically told me what I already knew, that things are still super early and I shouldn't worry that I didn't have much speed, that I am still lifting, just started with intervals, I have a long race season ahead of me, and that I should just keep training hard and the results will come later. That it was good I didn't get hurt in the crit, and that I got in a good workout this weekend in races I had essentially no chances of winning. That I am still just getting into shape and by choosing to "sacrifice" the early season I will be faster in the long run. All stuff I know, yet somehow when he says it, it becomes true.

Also, quick shoutout to tyler for winning his race out west this weekend, awesome dude! Keep it up and get your upgrade to 2's. Also to Rose (colby teammate, the crazy one) who in her first ever weekend of road racing raced womens b for 3rd in the tt, 2nd in the crit and 4th in the circuit. Coming off nordy season she has the legs, clearly, and she also mtb's (went to nat's was top 10 dII and was 2nd at the eccc in womens a). She is a freshman, and if she ever chooses to really focus on road bikes, she could be really really really fast. the race was her 6th time on a bike in 2007. For the record, although I totally got girled in the tt (many times over), I did beat rose by 6 seconds. Gotta hold onto any last shred of dignity I can.

1 comment:

Argentius said...

Do the girls know that you're calling it "girled?"

It's March, you have ridden your bike outside like 5 times this year... friggin' Maine. The form will come around when it needs to...