Monday, March 12, 2007

stay the course

Actaully, im not. I am rescinding part of my last post. DST sucks. Normally, when it starts to get dark, it means its time to head to foss for dinner. Last night and tonight, I am playing on the internet, and all of a sudden, its 6:48. 12 minutes before foss closes. And its still light out. wtf? DST sucks. (foss is the organic/healthy/vegeterian dining hall across campus that most of the cyclists and most of my friends eat at).

Also, justin wants me to race 3/4's at tour de kirche vs. racing 4's. I understand why, but I know I can do well on that course. I think (assuming I recover well from columbia) I could probably get some upgrade points there even. Historically, breaks of 2-3 stick, so I would be attacking on the hill or following well represented (read bethel cycle or whatever team decides to show up big) attacks, and if it does come down to a sprint, jump the corner, and then just drill the hill to the finish. I did it over the summer the one time there was no break, 15 guys jumped the corner, and I ended up 6th, and I went way, way to early on the hill. Even 6th is 1 upgrade pt, and I am currently looking for 20. However, racing 3/4's, I am somewhat doubtful I can do as well.....plus, if i really needed the 3/4 experience, why not race collegiate b's vs. c's? It just doesn't make sense. We have a phonecall upcoming to talk about it, but im confused. Then again, he knows more than I.

3 comments:

Argentius said...

DST = not sucky. I can get back from my ride at 5:30 and not have it be close to dark. But it temporarily sucks getting used to it, that's fo sho.

And I'm not turning off the word-verificationifier, otherwise I get to hear about GREAT DIET PENIS ENLARGEMENT HOODIA STOCK TIPS!!!!

Thems get old fast,

Colin R said...

I think the answer to your question lies in March 2 post on Tristan Schouten's blog:

http://tristanschouten.blogspot.com/

allons-y said...

colin - thanks for that link. that was a good read and had some good info. I knew the theory at least, used it in 'cross, but hand't thought of it in road terms. using that logic i should race collegiate b's though, no? (i probably will later in the season actaully). but then, ill probably be "that guy" racing as a cat 4 in 3/4's for a long time, since as tristan said, it takes a few years to get consistantly up front. Not a bad thing though.

Thanks for the link, and thanks for reading.