Sunday, January 21, 2007

sooooo-euro

It's my birthday, at least here on Euro time...no craziness tonight, in fact, its 2:11am and i'm about 30 minutes from finishing a paper. Tmrw, however, will have celebrations.

Last night I think I offically became euro-trash. I spiked my hair into a faux-hawk, wore a blazer over a sweater with the blazers collar popped (not really popped, just up, like euro's wear them) with tight jeans on, and sneakers that have graffiti-style painting on the side. In fact, my shoes don't even match, and its on purpose...one is camo w/ a bulldog painted, the other white with a rose....So euro in fact, I got told at a bar that I looked like a euro (by an american living here) and at another bar I shocked some austrian chic telling her I was from the states....

In important news, I messed up my ankle. Something is wrong, seriously. I can't walk normal, I have to walk on the outer edge of my right foot, otherwise it hurts worse than a knife stabbing. This all started friday in Venice. I took sat. off from excersise, but walked a bunch on it in Bologna (where I saw a sweet commi-rally, flags, bullhorn, everything). Today I took off again and sat arond and read/wrote my paper, but it still hurts. It does not feel any worse today, and is maybe marginally better than it was yesterday. Hopefully with some more sleep and rest, and ice and elevation (its somewhat swollen) it will get better in time to do some more running/lifting by the middle of the week. It hurts alot more like when I tore a ligament in my ankle then when I sprained/twisted my ankle, which isn't good. The pain isn't as severe, but the location and the type of pain and the motion that causes it is the exact same. Hopefully, it will heel and be fine and won't mess up riding.

Monday (in addition to being my birthday) marks 1 week untill I come home. I am looking forward to riding (alot) but not looking forward to leaving europe, I really like it here. If only we got cycling on tv (im sure we do, but I can't figure it out)...I would have liked to have seen page/trebon take 9/10 in the worldcup 'cross race today. Alas, I need to write this paper so I can go to bed, and then celebrate.

No comments: