Saturday, January 6, 2007

ciao ciao

So I'm in Italy. Not without a bit of an adventure. Getting off our plane in Paris, we had like an hour before our next flight left. Well we had to take a bus to get to a new terminal, which took awhile. Then we had to wait awhile to get our passports stamped. Then we had to go through security again, which was super slow. 8 of us showed up at the gate as the plane left, out of a 25 person group. This was at 650am (euro time, so like 1am your time). We found some lady who worked there who spoke english and was very nice, and she got all 8 of us onto the next flight (2 hours later) and gave us vouchers for b-fast. Major shoutout to Airfrance, you guys rock, that was cool of you. Luckily the rest of the group (and our bus from venice to verona) waited for us at the end of the flight, and all worked out well...

Verona is cool. After getting some groceries and crashing hard, my roomate and I went for a walk around Verona today. Its a pretty neat city, I'll get around to some pictures at some point. We live across the river from a road that seems to be frequented by cyclsits. Seriously, I have seen more cyclists looking out the window this morning in an hour than I have in the US, ever.....Hundreds of them, most in full kits for a sat. morning ride. There are some mtns we can see from our window, so I guess they are heading there. Seeing some many cyclists makes me want to ride, so I think sometime i'll try to find a place to rent a bike and go for a ride while I'm here. I checked out the gym here also, which should be fine, plenty of spinning machines, full weights, balance stuff, etc....even a sauna and turkish bath, whatever the latter is. So far I think Europe is pretty cool, and I want a bike to ride. Is about 3pm here, meaning its around 9am there, so I'm gonna try and call my house. Another cool thing is the blogger website is in Italian, which luckily I know a bit of...

No comments: