Tuesday, January 16, 2007

pan-mass challenge

I officially signed up for the 2007 pan-mass challenge this morning (well afternoon here, but registration was 9am eastern time). It is something I am really looking forward to doing; its a great cause, its not that hard, and it should be fun. With the myriad of charity rides out there, it is not often I see all that many racers showing up to participate, which I sort of understand (sketchy bike handling, etc.) but I think its something all of us should do, and if its just a part of our normal training, why not raise some money for a good cause (cancer research in my case).

Personally, I am happy my mom and dad agreed to do it as well. It will be a huge challenge for them (and for me) at 110 miles saturday, 82 miles sunday (or so...) but with my mom having gotten and beaten cancer twice, and her mom having died from cancer, I think it will be a very special "life experience"

If you read this and think I am talking about mars, then read more here:
http://www.pmc.org/

Also, if anyone wants to contribute money towards the $3,600 I need to raise, leave a comment or email me and I can set that up (its easy, you can do it all online w/ a CC, I would assume its all tax-deductable but don't quote me).

Anyways, that will give me good incentive to keep on training on top of the fast approaching race season (pro racing in australia already started, wtf) and hopefully will keep me motivated this winter/spring/summer....the ride is only 200 days away.

No comments: