Wednesday, December 6, 2006

4's watch out, im here

I officially recieved my cat 4 upgrade for next season. I found out that collegiate races count (or at least you can beg and point to them) a few days ago, found a math major to help me count to 10, and realized I didn't have to wake up at ungodly hours over the summer if I didn't want to anymore.

So on my shiny new liscence for 2007 it says im 20 (hehe, I will be in a month and a half, thats scary), and that im a 4road, 5track, and 4ross. 454, thats good for me, since I seem to do well when my race number is symetrical. I realized this last night looking at the numbers I have pinned up on my wall (im cheap on decorations) and realized 464 was my number at NoHo, where I was 3rd collegiate and in the high 20's or so at a Verge race, coming off an 8th row start and having the first non-catastrophic race of my 'cross life. And in my ride with the B's at BRC/Slickwilly I was 232, and I did decently well there. Also, I was 345 for the bethel training series. Granted I was on and off (out of shape for the first few ones after a month off, but then pulling down a 6 and an 11 and to get some series points). I guess this means I need to get a good collegiate number and then time my pre-reg so I can get numbers I want? maybe not.

To the 4's, I'm warning you all now. I am prone to do stupid things. Suicidal break attempts in lap 1 of a crit. Occasioanlly my mind wanders when i'm sitting in and my pack riding gets a bit sketchy. On the bright side, I will be more awake with later start times, so maybe i'll be more sane. Seriously, I know I am going to get shelled in 4's, either racing 4/5, 4, or 3/4. At least I can now pick whichever category (assuming there is 4 and 3/4, or 4/5 and 3/4) starts later. That was my sole motivator for the upgrade. I am going to get shelled as per usual.

Also, I am semi-offically racing with HUP United next season for cross. It even says so on my liscence.

Finals are next week and classes are wrapping up in the next few days. To much time spent studying and no riding makes me anxious. I can't sleep, my legs ache, etc. I'm riding hard 3 days a week for short periods of time, but i'm really looking forward to post exams when I can train, go skiing, train, go to Italy, lift, train, and then go somewhere warm to train more, train, and then the season will start. I'm really stoked to train and actaully have a legitmate season of racing and see what i'm capable of when I am NOT jumping into my first race with 100 miles of riding to my name in my entire life. Good things will happen perhaps?

4 comments:

Argentius said...

Don't pull this crap. "Seriously, I know I am going to get shelled in 4's," If you're planning to get shelled from the beginning whaddya think is gonna happen?

4's are faster than you think, but not that fast. And sometimes the break sticks.

I found your blog from RBR, I'm onto you...

Argentius said...

well I guess I was signed in wrong.

--Tyler / Argentius

allons-y said...

I'll give in and respond here also. I won't get shelled. If I race 3/4's that may be a bit tough at first, but nothing I can't handle (hopefully, otherwise my goal of making 3's is worthless). I rode 3/4 in a 'cross race and had the best race I have ever had in my life, 'cross or road.

I've also raced pretty decently in 4/5 races last year. Actaully had my best result ever in a 4/5 race.

zank said...

another cool thing about being a 4 is you get to do Fitchburg.