Friday, December 22, 2006

dog

I miss my dog. He left today (we leave for colorado saturday morning) and I only got to see him for a few days. He is perhaps the coolest, loudest, and at times most annoying 4lb fluffball in existence...he also has a huge tongue apparently.


Oh yea. I went to Targetraining again tonight (with my dad). Only one semi-guerrilla. We did some cool arizona cross type ride (wide open dirt road). Mostly flat with a few small rollers, and a single 1.5mile 3% or so climb. The semi-guerrilla and I took turn pulling each other (we dropped my dad about 3 minutes in) which was cool learning how to use the computers draft. Eventually we got bored and decided to do a few semi-hard efforts, keeping our heartrate below a certain percent. By no means a race, just kicking up the pace a slight bit, still easy, still base miles, just seeing how things felt. No way I was going to jack up the heartrate.

We kept together perfectly well through the first two. On the last one, about 1/2 way through it, I opened a gap on him of 25 feet. Next thing I knew my gap was over 100 feet and I was gone. He was going hard trying to catch on, but pro told me to continue my workout and not wait for him. I settled into a nice rythm for the rest of our "not overly slow section" putting out a consistent 250w and keeping the hr down, and ended up a minute ahead of him. Again not that I was racing, but after getting served tuesday, I wanted to beat someone somewhere....so what if I was 2bpm over my targeted maxhr for a brief moment? I also put out a not so pathetic 521w for a moment on one of the short little climbs, at an easy/medium effort. I have never ridden with a powermeter before, so using this is a new experience and sort of fun. I want to go back and see what watts I can put out when I am in shape and allowed to go.

No comments: