Wednesday, November 22, 2006

end of the road for now

Went for a nice ride with the parents and sarah. Easy, fun, cold but not freezing. When we got back we found out our last cross race of the season has been cancelled due to issues w/ the event location. Sort of a bummer. Guess that means I am off the bike for the next month and a half. I guess i'll ride as I feel like it for the rest of the week while i'm at home with the parents, but I'm thinking I may just leave my bike at home when I go back for the last 3 weeks of classes this semester. On the bright side my dad bought me some shoe covers this afternoon, no more frozen feet (I hope).

I'm sort of bummed about the race being cancelled. Although i'm hurting from last weekend (still no power in the legs today) I was looking forward to racing in front of the family. I actaully have been in a sour mood since I found out, funny to think it, but maybe i'm slightly depressed about it. I am thinking about entering 1 more race this season before I call it. At the same time, I have no motivation to get on my bike and ride right now. I am going to take tomorrow off just because I need it. If I am done for the season it won't matter. It won't really hurt me too much if I do one more race, and I need the recovery.

I am also feeling a bit of burn out, although i'm hoping its more linked to being bummed about the cancelled race than actaul burn out from riding. Seriously the spark is not there. I am looking forward to riding saturday though, we are supposed to head over to targetraining to try out their fancy shmancy trainers that let you simulate real rides. Since there is no race sunday I sort of want to try out the alpe d'heuz program. Really I want there to be a race for me to ride in next weekend. This weekend off from racing won't be killer, race next weekend, then gear up for exams, ski a bit, and go to Aspen and then Italy. And then winter training.

At least we went out for a good meal (tapas and paella) tonight. Oh well, turkey, football, and family tomorrow

No comments: